Thursday, December 23, 2010

Labors Of Love


Whew! It's all I can say. It's been a mad dash since Thanksgiving to finish Jake's Log Cabin blanket, and it is finally finished, washed, wrapped and under the tree. This gift was truly a labor of love. The fact is, I hate knitting blankets. BORING! The project that seems like you will never get it off the needles. Now, here it is, all in it's glory. Can't wait to see his face when he opens it.

Then, off to the next. My mother-in-law apparently spent several years knitting all of the little squares in this blanket. My father-in-law brought it to me, in a box, after my mother-in-law passed away in 2009. It was knit as little 4 inch squares, and the squares had been stitched together to make 3 large strips. Assembled, this covers my king size bed. I crocheted the 3 strips together, with plans to give it to my step-daughter for Christmas. After getting this done, I wanted to wash it, given I didn't really know how old the blanket was. This is what happened......


She sewed all those little squares to together, and they all came apart in the wash. Guess I know what Miranda is getting next year for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment